Watermelon Mint & Coconut Ice Cream Float
This has to be one of my favourite thirst quenchers of all time.
I originally did this recipe for Frozen Coconut when they sent me samples of their ice cream and I was brainstorming how to make a healthier dessert. I used to love floats as a kid (hello A&W Rootbeer Float!), but now I try and stay away from pop these days, so I came up with this version instead.
Watermelon, mint, lime, bubbly water, and a scoop of coconut ice cream.
Hydrating, refreshing, indulgent, and oh so delicious.
Gluten Free. Vegan. Vegetarian. Refined Sugar Free Option.
This is a great drink to make if:
- you want a refreshing, thirst quenching drink for a hot day;
- you want to reduce your pop (and sugar) consumption but don't want to drink water all day;
- you're feeling stressed and can't quite seem to get rid of your dry mouth.
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
- Scoop all the watermelon into a blender and add the mint and squeeze of lime juice. Puree until smooth and a bit frothy, it will make about 3 cups of liquid.
- An extra but optional step here is to strain the juice to get out any pulp, but I like the added thickness from leaving it in.
- Pour in the San Pellegrino and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid mixture equally into two cups.
- Optional (and highly recommended) - scoop two scoops of Frozen Coconut ‘Classic Coconut’ ice cream into each cup.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!