Cajun Halibut Tacos with Tropical Salsa
This has become a new staple in our house.
We've been so fortunate to have fresh caught halibut from a couple of fishing charters, and there is nothing like day-of freshness. There is zero fishy flavour and nothing but a buttery, rich texture.
This recipe is full of vitamin C, omega 3's and B vitamins, all nutrients that support your adrenal system and are great for eating when you are stressed and want to feed and nourish your body. It tastes fresh, sweet and tangy and is a great combination of healthy fats, protein and vegetables.
Sugar Free. Dairy Free. Gluten Free. Refined-Sugar Free.
This is a great recipe to try if:
- you love the summer fresh flavours and want a healthy alternative to deep fried fish tacos;
- you're feeling exhausted and overwhelmed with life and want food that supports your body without compromising taste;
- you want a delicious meal that can be made in 30 minutes or less.
INGREDIENTS & DIRECTIONS
1 piece of halibut (approximately 250-300g)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp cajun spice
1 ripe mango, diced
1/2 large avocado, sliced
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tsp red onion, diced
1 lime, sliced. Use juice of 1 slice on each taco.
chipotle mayo (optional)
4 small corn taco shells or kale leaves
- Pre-heat pan on high with coconut oil.
- Coat halibut in cajun spice, and fry for 3-4 minutes on each sides (gauge this time depending on how thick your halibut is).
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Divide ingredients and halibut in to four taco shells and eat immediately.
Store extra ingredients in airtight container in the fridge. Extra halibut will last up to 1 day.