Golden Mylk Turmeric Ginger Elixir
This beautiful drink is one of my favourites to keep stocked in my fridge. It's creamy, spicy and rich, and feels indulgent even though it's incredibly nourishing.
Isn't the vibrant yellow colour amazing?
Turmeric and ginger roots are both have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and because I'm using the fresh roots in this recipe, the nutrients and taste will be more potent. Studies have shown that pepper significantly increases the bioavailability of turmeric, so be sure to not skip adding a few twists of fresh ground pepper to really make this drink healing.
The cashews and coconut oil are a great source of healthy fats and give this drink it's smooth and creamy texture, and if you don't strain it, the cashews add extra fibre, all of which means that this drink will satiate you and be like having a small snack.
gluten free, dairy free, vegan and refined sugar free.
This is a great drink to make if:
- you love to fuel your body with delicious and nutritious foods
- you're trying to break your coffee addiction and want a special drink to drink in the morning
- you have sluggish digestion or have been diagnosed with IBS
- you're prone to the 3pm crash in the middle of the afternoon
ingredients & directions
- 16g organic ginger (about 4in, peeled)
- 9g turmeric root (about 3in, peeled)
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp true cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups boiling water
- Soak the cashews for 1 hour
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
- Optional: strain with cheesecloth to remove the pulp for a lighter drink.